Saturday, October 3, 2009

A Beautiful Promise



It was Sunday afternoon when I got up from the hospital bed. I had already finished changing my clothes. I was sitting on the bed while waiting for my Mom and Dad to pick me up. I looked at the window and saw through it my Dad talking to the doctor. He looked so serious; I wondered what they were discussing about.

After an hour, the door swung widely and I saw my Mom which was walking toward me followed by my Dad.

"Good news Sweetie, we can go home now. The doctor decided to dismiss you from the hospital. This is all you wanted right? Mom said in her not usual low tone while she prepared the things. But I couldn't feel any happiness in her voice.

"And besides, that's all you wanted... right... Honey?" added my Dad who picked up the bags but never looked at me.

“I know it is the right time for me to leave…” I said to my parents as I gazed the floor. I didn’t feel happy actually. I didn’t know why.

Mom looked at me. She sat beside me on the bed. She held my face with her bare hands and directed my sight upon her.

“Sweetie, everything will be alright,” she said as she slightly shook my face and smiled.

“I am scared, Mom.” I replied.

“Don’t be Sweetie. You should be glad because you will go to meet him again… He will be there to guide you through.” uttered Dad.

I pointed my sight to my Dad when I heard him uttered those words. He was right; I would be going to meet Adam, my beloved husband. I should not feel afraid. I got him. He would not be leading me to any harm.

After two long years of not being with him, finally, we would be able to see each other again. He had been away for quite a long time now. He said he needed to go somewhere for a little while. It broke my heart at first. But as time passed by, I learned to understand why he had to go.

By the way, Adam and I were childhood friends. We met in a hospital when we were little. He was accompanied by his Mom for his regular physical check up and so was I. And from then on, we became best friends into somehow high school sweethearts and when we reached college, we got married.

But after a year of happy marriage, something went wrong. He had to leave. I thought that time he fell out of love on me, that’s why he had to go. I never understood why we had to part our ways where we had sworn that we would be together forever. Somehow, he promised me that we would see each other soon. And when that moment would come, he would return to me. He told me he just needed sometime to make sure that everything was set for our future in his new place. Also, he let me spend my time with my parents because when that time would arrive for us to be together, it would be forever in his new place.

I never thought that this day had finally arrived. I would be meeting him in a place where we used to spend our time together intimately. He said that he would be waiting there until it was the right time for me to come. And in that moment, he would be there to guide me all through out to our new paradise.

"Let's go Honey." instructed Dad to me and Mom.

Mom immediately got into her feet and wrapped the shawl around me. I still felt weak, so Mom assisted me to get up from bed and walked from the hospital.

Mom patiently ushered me until we reached the car. I could see how my parents really loved me. They never left me all throughout my stay in the hospital. As I looked my Mom's face, I could see the pain and sadness in her eyes. The pain and sadness of probably losing me as their daughter since I was about to be with Adam again. Adam said to me that when our time to be together would come, I would not be able to be with my parents anymore. The place where we would be staying forever was very far from my parents house.

My mom accompanied me at the backseat of the car. She sat next to me and wrapped her arm around my shoulder and let my head rest on her bosom.

"just hold on baby and we will be reaching the place and you will be meeting Adam soon." Mom said to me as her hand tried to rub my shoulder.

"I love you Mom. I am so sorry if I had to be with Adam now." I told my Mom. My voice was too weak.

"It's okay baby. We understand. And I know you will be safe with Adam." she replied. I knew she was just trying to hide the pain from me.

After Dad had placed the things in the compartment, he placed himself immediately in front seat and started the car. We were now driving away from the hospital grounds.

"I missed him so much, Mom." I replied.

"I know Sweetie, even if you are not telling me, I can feel it. I am your Mother. I can feel what you are going through when he left you." Mom told.

My tears just fell from my eyes. Mom just let me cry like the way she used to let me out what I was feeling inside. I knew deep inside of my Mom, she was crying, sharing the same pain of what I was feeling.

"I will miss you Mom." I said to my mom.

She hugged so tight. I tried to tighten my embrace but since I was still weak I couldn't do it.

"I still remember when you and Adam used to be together during your younger years, I knew that you were to be in love. And I am happy that you will be reconciling with him again." uttered my Mom.

I looked at the window, still leaning my head on my Mom bosom, I could see how wonderful the outside was. I guessed I missed it since I was locked up inside the hospital for around a year; The trees, the flowers, the butterflies, the bees, the birds, the blue skies, I missed all of it. And I just appreciated its beauty only now.

I never realized that my mind floated into my deepest sentiments. I remembered the day Adam had left me. It was just one simple Sunday but he made it so special. I never thought that it would be our last moment together. But the way we spent it, it was so romantic. I woke up early in the morning without Adam by my side on the bed. I immediately sat up and looked around. To my surprise, I saw petals of red and white roses scattered on the mahogany slated wooden floor leading to the opened door. I wrapped the fleece around me to cover up my half-naked body and invited myself to check where these beautiful petals were leading to.

The petals ended in the kitchen. There, I saw Adam still in his night robe. He was already sitting comfortably while his hands leaned on the dining table. He stared at me with full of love in his eyes and flashed his at his tender smile. He invited me to sit opposite to him. He had prepared a sunny side up fried egg and a well done bacon with toast for our breakfast.

What a wonderful breakfast it was. We spent it joyfully. We tried to feed each other. The sounds of our laughter surrounded the room. It was so romantic especially when he fed me using his lips. He put the food between his lips and he would share it with me until I found ourselves kissing. He gently put me in his arms and carried all the way to our room. When reached the room, he carefully laid me on the bed. And there, we dived ourselves into the sensual moments in my life. It was a simple thing but made my life perfectly wonderful.

That lovely afternoon, we went to have a good walk near the lake which was not very far from our house. A small old wooden bench stood near the lake, which was facing the east. The place was surrounded with nice little grasses with some magnolia blooms everywhere. There was also a wooden ramp placed along the lake's shoreline where Adam's boat was tied up. We rode the boat. I was sitting across from Adam as he paddled and dived into the deepest of the lake.

It was a beautiful place. It was like a dream. Willow Trees were environing the lake with its leaves hanged around us. Swans were swimming everywhere. It was really nice to see these beautiful birds encircling around your boat. Adam and I fed them. They came nearer when I extended my arm with handful of crashed biscuits. But then, a loud sound coming from a distant distracted our peaceful get away that made the swans fly over around us. I tried to dodge the swans but still amazed how beautiful the scene it could be. Swans were flying all over the place as they tried to leave us alone. What a heavenly feeling to experience such wonderful scenery.

The sun was almost setting when decided to come back to our place. We watched the sun as it sunk into the horizon from the east while sitting on the old wooden bench near the lake. Adam leaned on my bosom and said to me that he was so tired and needed a rest but he had fun today. That moment, he bade me goodbye but promised me that we would be together in a given time. I would hold into his promise. He kissed me for the last time and there I woke up from my dream.

"Honey, we are here." Dad said.

Mom assisted me to get out from the car. Dad helped out too. We were standing in front of our house. I told them that I wanted to sit on the bench were Adam had bade me his goodbye. I knew that Adam would be there to fetch me.We placed ourselves on the place. My parents sat next to me, where Dad was sitting on my left while Mom was on the other side. They wrapped me in their arms while we watched the sun set.Then I saw a silhouette of a man standing on the wooden ramp which was in front of us.

""Mom... Dad.., I loved you so much... Thank you for everything... I think is time for me to leave..." I told my parents.

"He's here already?" Mom asked.

"Yes, he was standing there at the wooden ramp." I said

Mom looked at the wooden ramp. Trying to find out how Adam looked like now. Then, her tears started to fall down from her eyes. He held me close to her as Dad embraced us so tight. I could feel the warmth of their love for me. I would be missing them so much. I took the last moment being with them. Then, Adam walked toward us. He still looked the same from the last time we saw each other.

"It is time now for us to leave... As i have promised you, I will come back for you and start a new life in my new place..." he told me.

I embraced my parents to let them feel how I really loved them. Then I closed my eyes to feel this last moment as my tears rolled down onto my cheeks. It was warmth and comforting. I was feeling light and starting to feel better. I didn't even the tired. It seemed I recovered from the pain. I knew Mom and Dad would be happy for me now. I opened my eyes and stood up. I walked toward Adam and gave him a hug. And then, I looked back to see my Mom and Dad for the last time. There I saw my Mom was crying while my Dad tried to console her as they embraced my lifeless body...


by: BHELAT

No comments:

Post a Comment